Thursday, January 5, 2012

seriously good chocolate chip cookies

I found this recipe on Good Magazine's "the vegan baker"  blog.  I've been trying on and off for years to find a good chewy/crunchy dairy free cookie. These are really great as they use oil instead of egg and butter. Give it a go but please don't blame me if your jeans get tight!  I really should be deleting this myself rather than blogging it for future reference, I have eaten far too many of these. Nom nom nom.
SUPER EASY THIN AND CHEWY AND CRUNCHY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
  • 1/3 c vegetable oil
  • ½ c firmly packed brown sugar
  • ¼ c white sugar
  • 3 tbsp water
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 c flour
  • ¾ tsp baking soda
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • 1 c dairy-free chocolate chips (I use Pams brand)
Preheat oven to 150°C.
Mix the oil and sugars together in a medium sized bowl.
Add the water and vanilla. Mix well until the wet ingredients are fully incorporated.
Sift dry ingredients straight into the bowl of wet ingredients and mix.
Fold in the cup of chocolate chips. You can use more chips if you like. Nuts are also a nice addition. You can pretty much add anything you like.
Using a tablespoon, measure out the dough onto two  baking-papered trays. Leave 5 cm between each drop of dough to allow for spreading.
Bake for 15–20 minutes or until the edges are brown and the centres are pale.  Bake less time for chewier cookies.
Leave to cool for 10 minutes before devouring.  Makes about 20 cookies.

The ones in the second picture are made using chopped dark chocolate and walnuts... anything goes really.


7 comments:

  1. These look amazing~ I have to try them! Which aisle do you find the dairy free choc chips in? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for featuring these, Meg! We've just popped this on the Good facebook page :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear...they look too good!!
    I might have to try them with gf flour....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you post your results with GF flour? I'd be keen to know if they work!

      Delete
  4. Just made these cookies and they got the big thumbs up from my family! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh..I just saw these mentioned on Sammy's blog, and I'm going to make them! I've never seen dairy free chocolate here...that's great that Pam's do them! And...my jeans are already too tight, but...I'm all for baking with the girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that recipee is great!


    thanks,


    amy*****

    ReplyDelete

so lovely to hear from you xx