Thursday, November 24, 2011

dairy free cream (easy and cheap)

1. Put a can of coconut cream in the fridge for a few hours, the fat will come to the top.
2.  Chill your beaters and a metal mixing bowl too.
3. Open the can and scoop out all of the solid coconut cream. You can use the remaining liquid in a smoothie or something else but the solid stuff is what you'll whip up.
4.  Beat it till it's like whipped cream (I added 1T of icing sugar and a few drops of vanilla). 

Oh yeah this stuff is really, really good.  It'll be going on the pavalova at Christmas this year.  It stayed thick and creamy for a couple of days (till we gobbled it all up).  I'm not sure that it'd be any healthier than cream from a cow but we can all eat it and that's amazing!

4 comments:

  1. nanarobyn8:42 AM

    Yay, that looks good. Can't wait to see you all for the weekend. My bank of kisses and cuddles is in overdraft. Love you XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:52 PM

    Cute little bowl. Hey Meg - I need some christmas shopping assistance - present for a five year old boy, I have no idea what five year old boys like!? Thinking around $25ish - any suggestions? Also where did you get the lovely christmas stickers from? Hope you are all good. Love Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh YAY!!!! totally trying this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I can't tell you how thrilled I am to read this! I will try it as soon as possible! Yay!

    Back in Sweden we have whippable soy cream and whippable oat custard, so I´ve been trying to think of something to use instead and this looks and sounds yummy! Thank you so much for sharing!! x

    ReplyDelete

so lovely to hear from you xx